Becoming a minimalist - part 3

On my journey to becoming a minimalist, I need to credit several authors with pointing me in the right direction. This list of books and blogs steered me into my current routine of minimal living. As I've said before, minimalism looks differently for everybody. One person may open my cabinets and say, "she has too much stuff." While several of you would gasp if you saw the inside of my closet; it's extremely bare. But we all have to start somewhere, so here is my list of resources that I have found most helpful and are the ones that I refer back to often.

Books:
The Joy of Less by Francine Jay
Simplify by Joshua Becker
Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

Blogs:
The Minimalist Mom
Miss Minimalist
Becoming Minimalist
Simple Mom
Zero Waste Home
Small Notebook

Since I've written about minimal living at home, let's look at ways to incorporate it into our personal care routines.

Here are some of my favorites:
- Utilize a capsule wardrobe
- Know your palette of colors and shop from them only
- Use the 5-minute face for your make-up
- Cull your make-up kit

In my next post, I will highlight the importance of knowing your colors. Stay tuned for this life-changing treat and a book giveaway!