Take a tour of my make-up bag

Last week, I wrote about my favorite summer look. Today, I'm showing you my make-up bag and sharing my favorite products. I want to make wise choices with my money concerning skincare and make-up products. I like to get the best bang for my buck, but it can be really confusing when there are so many creams and potions on the market all making the same claims. So I use Paula Begoun's website before I make any type of purchase for my skin. She rates all ranges of products on the market from drugstores to those only carried in high-end department stores. As with anything, you have to test it for yourself, but 99% of the time, I find that her reviews are spot-on. I think the only product that I use that doesn't get her best review is my lip gloss. But I like the colors in the Bare Essentials Buxom lips line and they work for me. I bought the Rimmel eyeliner because of her rating and I love it. I previously was using an $18 eyeliner from Urban Decay and it was always smudging so I was so excited to find something that I like better and at a more affordable price point.

Here is my make-up bag and the products I'm currently using: MAC Body paint, MAC studio finish concealer, Aveda dual finish powder, Bobbi Brown creme blush (powder pink), Wet n Wild icon eyeshadow, Rimmel Exaggerate waterproof eyeliner (brown), MAC eye shadow (for my brows - not sure the color because the label has rubbed off), ELF lengthening mascara (black), and Bare Minerals Buxom lip gloss (debbie).

I'm a huge fan of inexpensive eye make-up; by purchasing drugstore brands it allows me to prioritize my favorite products. I prefer to invest my money in quality foundation, lip gloss and blush.



What is your favorite make-up splurge or savings?